AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD. replacement steering wheel
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

IACSR
Posted 1/4/2008 10:19 (#275311 - in reply to #273286)
Subject: Re: JD. replacement steering wheel

I would be very cautious using any type of wheel turner on a sprayer. Often times they lack both speed and torque required to make turns at speeds over 12 mph. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it can be a problem. Most times on 4710's we put integrated AutoTrac on them because at the same time you are updating the SRC (spray rate controller) which will make it possible for you to run Swath Control at the same time off the GS2.

As far as the older tractors go...I would agree that the EZ might be a good way to go. Just depends on what all you are doing. I work for a deere dealer and I don't know that I would send you toward an ATU for that situation. The only thing for me is I am not a fan of waas signal. I just don't beleive the results are that much better over manually driving when running waas. Again...that's just my opinion. An ATU would be a pricey option for those machines, but it would also perform quite well. A tip I have found to help on universals with 4wd's is to mount the reciever backwards off the back of the cab so that it is hanging near the pivot point of the tractor. This definitely helps tighten up the steering in the machine.

Edited by IACSR 1/4/2008 10:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)