AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD RTK Costs/Setup - Advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Kamp
Posted 12/28/2007 16:43 (#269883)
Subject: JD RTK Costs/Setup - Advice

Central SD
The new 12 mile range for JD RTK has me interested in RTK.

1) How do you go about determining the height and location of your tower? No grain leg on our farm. Would have to put up a tower somewhere. The farthest distance between what we presently farm is 12.3 miles. Our farm is 10.5 miles from our farthest field. According to elevations from my EasiSuite maps, our farm is close to the high for elevations across our operation. The lowest elevations are approximately 200 feet lower.

2) It is rolling land, so I assume we will not always be in line of sight. How long can you be out of sight and still be RTK accurate? What accuracy does it switch to during that time - SF2? As soon as it reaquires line of sight does it immediately regain RTK accuracy?

3) What does a tower cost? What accessories are needed - receiver for base, coax, electric fence solar panel and battery? What am I missing?

4) Should we wait? Anything new coming? Cell service is not reliable.

5) Currently using 2-SF2 subscriptions per yr. ($4,000 for 3yrs.) Air seeder is on 1' spacing and would like to split wheat back to wheat rows, along with repeatability. Satisfied with SF2 and can make it work. What do you think, worth the switch?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)