AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

R/C Aircraft for crop pictures
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Hay Wilson in TX
Posted 6/21/2006 07:33 (#20938 - in reply to #20883)
Subject: A hint on learning to fly.

Little River, TX
I recommend you do as much of your ground school as possible before you get in a plane.
When you start flying try to fly two times a day, after you solo. Fly dual in the morning and solo in the afternoon. The less time you have between lessons the less you forget.
The rules may have changes in the 30 years I have not taught flying. If you are flying with an independent instructor it requires 40 hours, 20 dual and 20 solo. Involved in this are 3 cross countries. If you are with a certified school then there is less cross country time required. Most of my students got their Private licence in 43 to 45 hours.
Remember every solo flight is also a lesson. Have a copy what the instructor wants you to practice.

Instrument training is a good idea. Not that you will file a long instrument flight, into inclement conditions. What it will do is improve your proficiency. If young Jon Kennedy had more instrument training he probably would be still alive.

Remember this, always fly the airplane first. The rule is Time, Turn, Tune, & then talk. When you reach an action point, note the time, turn to the new headding and or altitude, tune in the new frequencies in the radio and navigation system, then talk to the controling agency and tell them what you are doing.
If something strange is happening, first make sure your wings are level. After that things are a lot simpler.

Something I have noticed is when it is nice weather for flying it is also nice weather for farming, here. When I was in a northern climate winter was a good time to fly.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)