AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

homemade jug rinse (from below)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Luke Skywalker
Posted 6/17/2006 09:56 (#20043 - in reply to #19764)
Subject: Same Principle - a Little Sexier

Arva, Ontario
I purchased an induction cone for our water trailer from a guy just southeast of Detroit, MI. (hint - in Ontario)

He was a millright by trade trying to make ends meet on the farm by making little runs of devices that farmers or industry would want.

His induction cone, while a little small (holds ~ 8 gallon) had a 16" lid that a 2.5 gallon jug would fit down into, and a jug rinser. He had made a stainless steel tube that had a bulkhead fitting that secured it near the top of the cone, but then followed down along the slope, and made about a 135 degree curve and came back up about 10-12" dead square in the middle of the cone. Then he built a little nozzle with several holes that was small enough (and important at the time) to fit a Pursuit jug over.
The feature I like is that there is lots of room to get a jug down and over the nozzle, and well down into the cone. The rinse water is supplied from the vent port of the pump, and if I partly close the valve on the output side of the pump, can raise enough pressure to blast old stock Atrazine off the bottom of a jug.
When complete, set the lid back on the cone, and the nozzle rinses down the cone. Repeat a couple of times and get ready to go.

If anyone is interested, he might be willing to sell the tube/nozzle portion only (easier to UPS in a big envelope than a whole cone) - if he's still doing this sort of thing. Heck of a nice guy to deal with.

Disclaimer - I have my cone on the suction side of my pump. A venturi system had its appeal because it didn't contaminate the pump but added a level of complexity and cost, and reduced pump capacity. Therefore, I make sure all of my plumbing has been flushed with clean water, cone clean etc., and at least 100 gallons yet to fill sprayer to flush the pump and 70' of 2" discharge hose to the sprayer.

Sorry, no pictures (but soon I hope). Thanks Ray(ecks) for sharing yours.

Luke aka Ken SWOnt
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)