AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Molboard Plow Problems with EZ-Steer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Mbmaring
Posted 11/11/2007 23:01 (#236190 - in reply to #235980)
Subject: Re: Molboard Plow Problems with EZ-Steer

North west MN
You may not think this seems right but when I used to use the EZ-Steer with a plow I would set the width to a foot then come in to the furrow then engage the EZ-Steer and nudge over if needed. One draw back to doing this is you have to reset the a by doing a A+ on a wide field.
I think the EZ-Guide 500 and plus only gives you 1024 lines to the left and a 1024 to the right of the current line so setting it at a foot you can run out of lines so as you get across the field I would rest A as needed. The way it sounds you plow around the field so if it is a wide field it would not work the best.
I guess if you have time to play with the width and the offset you should be able to get it to work for you. If I am understanding right from the way you explain it you would need to narrow up the width and narrow up the offset about half of the width of the skip.
Good luck Like I said above I didn't have the patience to get the offset and the width right for my mollboard plow so I set it to a foot and it worked for me but I would just plow the field length wise and have 4 or so strike ups in a 1/4 section It worked kind of nice because I would strike up between the ditches and would use the EZ-Guide to count the passes between the ditches to get struck out in the middle I used to have to step it out by foot.
I haven't plowed for a couple of years now with the high price of fuel.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)