AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Interpolation Settings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

GFSI
Posted 10/13/2007 11:51 (#218725)
Subject: Interpolation Settings

Calgary, AB
I'm trying to figure out a standard way to interpolate grid sampling results and yield data. The lab i use produces maps, but i'm not sure if i agree with how the attributes are spatially displayed. I'd like to have a CONSISTENT and accurate method for displaying soil results spatially.

The research i've done suggests that IWD is the best method, but what kind of settings should be used. Cell Size, Max Search Radius, Distance Ratio, etc.

I'd like to hear your comments on the most accurately displayed settings in your opinions for 1 ac, 2.5 acre, 5 acre, 7.5 acre, 10 acre grids.

As well, what are the best settings to contour yield data?

I use SMS Advanced for most of my data management. IWD and Kriging i have options for. I understand programs may use slightly different methods, but the basics of IWD should be the same. I'm also open to other suggestions for the best programs that do this. A GIS analyst can make a map look however they want, the key in my mind is to make it most accurate because both recommendations and analysis are performed from these. Get the maps wrong and the analysis and recommendations (maybe Rx) will be wrong.

Thanks in Advance for any help or suggestions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)