AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

West Central Indiana rents
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Indianajones
Posted 10/8/2007 22:20 (#216496 - in reply to #216478)
Subject: RE: West Central Indiana rents

North east central Indiana, been hearing a lot of talk but nothing confirmed. Heard one guy has offered between $175 - 200 depending on the ground with a 5 year contract. This is on ground that was bringing $145 this year.
Also heard a BTO from west of here offered a local investor with a lot of ground well over $200 for every acre he had. I know for a fact that the offer was made but an exact figure is unknown. Too much gossip to be sure.
I guess i can believe the $200 numbers if people were willing to pay $150 with $2.00 corn. I know one guy local went from $115 to $165 to keep a chunk of dirt.
I hope guys are looking at the inputs before they get carried away on rent. How much of this is setting people up for a fall in the future. It sure wouldn't take much of a drop in the market to make farming very unprofitable. Corn has been $2.00 and some say it will be again.
What has land been renting for in your area? We don't have the best dirt here and i know when you get over in howard and madison counties the value of land is usually much higher.
INDY
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)