AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soybeans, dry weather, and a sense of humor....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Tim Cooke
Posted 10/8/2007 09:38 (#216182 - in reply to #215608)
Subject: Still dry in Kentucky.

Beans are bad. I alway told everyone if they could tell me the amount of rain in August I could tell them the bean yield for the year without going to the field. Well, this year no rain in August. Little rain in September. So once again, the double crop beans look to beat single crops.

Guys here are talking about planting wheat into dust. I planted a few acres yesterday to get the drills set up and let the crew have it today. My only comment is "it is too dusty for GPS to work". I had to stop each round to wipe the windows off. I just couldn't see out of them any longer. Cal. Car Duster is earning its keep.

Combine is black from corn (still haven't figured out what the corn contracted) and the tractors are dust colored. Complete, total dust cover on the drills. You have to make sure you are upwind before opening the lids.

Corn avg as it was done before August. Beans too bad to guess at yet. Maybe 25% (fingers crossed). Flying rats (blackbirds) have taken 50% of the milo and I still have two weeks to harvest.

Kick an email this way every now and then.

Tim

Edited by Tim Cooke 10/8/2007 09:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)