AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Custom harvesting rates
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

deereman
Posted 9/20/2007 18:07 (#206820 - in reply to #206139)
Subject: RE: Custom harvesting rates

NE SD
I custom cut for a cousin of mine hobby farmer 500 acres who has another full time business(I hope to rent it someday for myself). I get 24/ac corn and 22/soys. I have a 2366 with 25ft head and 6 row corn head. I do all houling for this price also. He sometimes runs the grain cart. I bring my part time help at 15/hr. All hauling is within 10 miles to elevator. biggest field is 90 acres and the 500 is spread out about 10 miles in different fields so a lot of moving. I realize I am not making hardly anything when everything is factored in but I like him and he likes my work. He also has other people begging him to custom cut it and they would do it cheaper than me so I really don't dare raise the price. Last year My beans dropped 4% moisture when I was doing his beans for about 2 days, so if I figured in what I lost on the 200 acres of my own I am sure it cost me to harvest for him. I know I should have done mine first but I still want to keep him happy cause there is others wanting to do it.
Jerry
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)