AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dried Chicken Litter Help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

nayrgro
Posted 9/11/2007 02:09 (#201837 - in reply to #201028)
Subject: Re: Dried Chicken Litter Help

Tekonsha Mi.
Bandi the dry stuff has less water there fore I pay for more nutrients.

I own a stolfuzs litter and lime spreader and with that I can get on about 7 tons of dry on it. I think that with the pellets I can get on 10-11 ton and get a 60' pattern instead of a 30-45' pattern there fore I would drive the tractor about half as much per acre. When I pencil it out I am not sure the pellets pay but I will get more even coverage of all the nutrients, unlike the DPF where the fines only go about 15' and I believe that is where all the nutrients are at in the fines? But I could be wrong (as usual). It doesn't pencil but there are some things that I cant put a number on (keeping my neighbors happy, a little less ware on the tractor, having a hired hand that doesn't hate his job, keeping the radiator in my loader tractor and my spreader tractor 70 to 95 times as clean as that DPF. That chicken **** will really rust things up in a hurry etc...) I am going to try a bit just to of the pellets to see.

I will try to get come pic's of both. So you all can see how much dust there really is.

My neighbor had a guy drive out in the field to tell him his spreader was on fire!!! Now that is allot of dust!

In the mean time I will post a pic of my spreader. I sure like it I can get 15 ton of 0-0-60 or lime on it but that is one hell of a load!

(100_0643 (600 x 450).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 100_0643 (600 x 450).jpg (50KB - 62 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)