AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dekalb and Pioneer Seed Prices
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Jon S
Posted 8/28/2007 17:52 (#194621 - in reply to #194540)
Subject: RE: Dekalb and Pioneer Seed Prices

I used to soley purchase Pioneer seed, in part because I was a dealer. Now, I am soley Monsanto genetics on "traited" varieties because they perform "for me". Before DuPont totally screwed up Pioneer they were (IMO) a topnotch company. If I want to keep a healthy bottom line I cannot be concerned with how I feel about a particular supplier (provided they supply value), or about when my neighbor is planting and harvesting. Quite frankly, I just don't care because I feel I have nothing to prove to anyone except my family in which I am trying to provide for. Pioneer is selling their seed cheaper because they are scared. And, they ought to be! They got lazy living on the heels of their prior success. A salesmen or company is only as good as their last sale... that's it. So, Monsanto dumps large sums of money in R&D. I say good for us. But, we need competition to keep everything affordable. I truly hope Pioneer bounces back and gives Monsanto some serious competition. It will be good for everyone.

My two cents.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)