AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PA Rain...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Bill Moyer
Posted 8/21/2007 11:34 (#190810 - in reply to #190804)
Subject: Re: PA Rain...

Coldwater, Michigan
Ryan,

I was just checking your user name yesterday. Told Diane, I had you figured out! Actually we have been a little more fortunate right here than some other areas of Michigan I have traveled.

Your compaction issue yesterday was right on in some cases. I have a customer south west of Lansing, who waited for it to dry out to plant this spring. Area always lays wet. They waited while the neighbors planted in the mud. Finally decided they had to do something so went to the field, planted around standing water, and got the crop planted, just to discover they had received their last significant rainfall until the first of August. Till then they had only received about 3/4 of an inch since planting. You could sure tell where they mudded the crop out of the field last fall, and where it was still a bit wet when they planted. Those who mudded it in looked pretty good early because they were getting rain after the crop came up. It was more forgiving than those who mudded it in later without the following rain.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)