AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SeedBox Treatment for Wheat-Do you use it?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

TxFarmer
Posted 8/18/2007 10:49 (#189194 - in reply to #188962)
Subject: Re: SeedBox Treatment for Wheat-Do you use it?

Panhandle of Texas

I purchase the Grain Guard at the elevator where I get the seed wheat cleaned.  The local elevator's cleaner is not all that good.  The place where we used to get it cleaned did a great job....but the cleaner we use now [just] gets most of the big chunks out...but it does work...i.e.: the wheat goes through the drill without clogging up...and the price is right, costing [only] $1.25/bu. to have it cleaned.

I suppose I will continue to use the chemical.  The cost is minimal, and it would have to give the seed some protection.  Many guys around here using nothing, but I probably could not get away with that.  The year I quit using it there would be some freak 'bug/disease' move in....that's just my luck....

MiloFarmer1:  I see you are from around Farwell, TX.  I live S.E. of Amarillo.  Things are bad dry, but there is a 40% chance of rain, today....If you are doing good in the moisture catagory, then pray rain for me!  The N.E. part of my county is wet, but the rest of us are bad dry....I have a grass section in the N.E. part of the county and it looks great!  There is still water in the ditches, and the ground tanks are near full.  Is the milo over there looking good?  Is there any hay grown around there?  Being so close to Hereford, TX, I would think that hay could always be used.  (*For those of you that don't know, Hereford, TX is the feedlot capitol of the world!  SOOOOO many cattle fed in that area!)

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)