AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Settled on dart gun, do I go pistol or rifle???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

feelnrite
Posted 12/22/2011 13:45 (#2118529 - in reply to #2118425)
Subject: Re: Settled on dart gun, do I go pistol or rifle???

northwest tennessee
<p>I would go rifle because the pistol doesnt have the range I dont believe. Some below have mentioned the cattle getting shy after being darted. I have not seen that and if you will stay in a truck or tractor or shoot them out of a ranger they dont really know what has happened. If you are on foot they will link the occurence to you then. It is like anything else too and the more you do it the better you get. You will need to keep the barrel clean with a brush from time to time because this will affect the range and accuracy of it. If you have a calf that does not put up much fight it will take a little while for the dart to fall out. There is a place right in front of the shoulder that you can hit them at and when they run the shoulder causes the dart to go in a circular pattern and it will come out pretty quickly. One more thought. I think on the pistol you are limited to the size dart you can use too. You need to be able to use the 20cc dart in order to get enough meds in an animal so you wont shoot them but once. The gun I am familar with is the one that uses the 22 caliber blank.</p>

Edited by feelnrite 12/22/2011 14:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)