AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wiring a Garmin 17 for an AgLeader Insight...??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/9/2007 16:09 (#185045 - in reply to #184383)
Subject: RE: Wiring a Garmin 17 for an AgLeader Insight...??

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I found my owners manual with the drawing in it. The following is how to connect the 17N (17 maybe different) to a 9 Pin Male for direct connection to an Insight harness or PF3000. This single connector gets power and ground into the Garmin and get GPS to the Insight or PF3000.

Garmin Red to Pin 4 of the 9 Pin Male (12V IN to power the Garmin)
Garmin Blue to Pin 2 of the 9 Pin Male (Only needed with the adapter to upload to Garmin)
Garmin White to Pin 3 of the 9 Pin Male (This is the GPS signal that we're after)
Garmin Black and Yellow to both Pins 5 & Pins 6 of the 9 Pin Male (The black & yellow get tied together and go to both Pins 5 & 6).

To test the situation hook it up to the Insight and turn it on and watch the Insight. Have the rig parked out in the open and be patient. The first use after a prolonged period of nonuse may require 15 minutes or so.

My separate cable adapter cable was to convert the Ag Leader style wiring that I put on the Garmin back to standard for the PC. It was in effect an unnull modem cable that split the power off to the side. It consisted of a 9 Pin Female to the Ag Leader plug on the Garmin and ended up in a 9 pin Femate to a PC but also had the power wires (12V & Ground) out of that end.

I don't quite follow you question about a PDA but I don't think this cable would be useful for anything but my situation.

Edited by tedbear 8/9/2007 16:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)