AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Revenue coverage for August feeders?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 11/29/2011 02:48 (#2073984 - in reply to #2072870)
Subject: RE: Revenue coverage for August feeders?

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
I like to use Superior Livestock Video to price protect me. Several of my neighbors and I break up into seven contracts, but I deliver only on two days. I sell one group of calves off cows, other two groups are weaned calves. That way I get three separate sales over the summer. I will say that any contracts that Tommy Gibson bought though Superior, Superior made good on them. That Eastern Livestock deal was a bad one, I was glad to see Superior stand by the producers.

My dealings with the RMA, wasn't a good one. I had crop insurance through John Deere, underwrote with AIG as well as RMA. Well John Deere burned me, RMA wouldn't stand up for me. JD paid me a disaster claim on grain. They came back two years later, said they overpaid me. Not my fault nor theirs. But if I didn't give money back the RMA would black ball me from any and all gov. programs till money was repaid. Any Gov. payments would be garnished till payed back. That was a lie on the RMA's part, I was later told they could only go after crop, not livestock payments.

I don't know if I could ever use the RMA again, I self insure my own stuff now. Every time I think about crop insurance I remember they wouldn't be selling it, if they didn't make a lot of money off you. But I'm just hay and small grains so that is a big difference as well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)