AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chlortetracycline (CTC crumbles)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

NEIndiana
Posted 11/26/2011 11:00 (#2068869 - in reply to #2068776)
Subject: Re: Chlortetracycline (CTC crumbles)

Columbia City, Indiana
I have the same conditions like you are talking about every year, snotty noses and a little coughing from the weather changes. I use AS 700 each year, and it works great. The feeding directions on the bag are clear as mud, though, and the guy at the feed mill didn't have a clue either. I just fed a little over 3 pounds hand mixed with the feed each morning. I came up with that amount based on the amount of active ingredient per pound and the amount it said was required for a dose. This was for 17 head of calves the same size as yours. Worked great, like it always has for me. By the time they had been on it 4 or 5 days the coughing had stopped and haven't seen a snotty nose since. I always keep feeding it till I go through the bag, though. I was going to use 2 bags, but they were pretty cleared up after 3 and a half weeks or however long I fed it to them, and it says on the tag 28 days, so I'm saving the extra bag for next time I guess. Probably in the spring if not before. Only a 7 day slaughter withdrawl.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)