AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody use Loomix? Liquid feed?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

rancherman
Posted 11/23/2011 09:47 (#2063997 - in reply to #2063106)
Subject: Re: Anybody use Loomix? Liquid feed?

Using the ANIPRO supplement. I think it's a similar product to Loomix. I pick it up at my neighbor/dealer, so it's handy that way. I get it pumped into a 300 gallon tote, and then just drive out to fill the tubs. sure beats jerking those steel barrels around, and worrying about broken toes.

I am told all I have to supplement along with this feed is salt. All the mineral is in place. When you figure the cost of mineral back out of it, (phos has gone through the roof) this is probably the cheapest liquid feed out there

'how do you regulate consumption'?? You blend bitter product and sweet product until you find your goal. bitter having a lower ph and sweet having a higher ph. it takes about 2-3 days to get it dialed in. after that just get it mixed in the tote at your 'ratio'.
our feild rep also said more guys are starting to pour it onto to hay, either right behind the processor. (great for keeping the dust down on weaning calves) the aroma sure draws em in
He also said pouring the bales themselves works well too. Just don't wait too long before feeding, it will run out the bottom. ususally 24 hours is about right.

I shoot for about 1-1.5 per day, both calves and cows. I use the all natural product on the calves for the first month, then switch to the higher urea product. (32%) and the higher urea added product on the cows. it's the safened urea, and have had no problems with the urea/poisoning. it will not separate and float to the top. Or bind to rain water that fills the tubs These tubs are just simple 5 foot diameter tanks, open top. You measure consumption with a yard stick and multiply inches X 72#. pretty simple system. I allow 1 tub for about 50 head, located fairly close to water. LOL, the only thing I wish could be changed, is the calves are total pigs, and are fairly 'gummed' up.. I stop feeding it about a week before sale day, and they are pretty cleaned up by then. This product is made in Omaha, and is a corn steep product. It doesnt freeze either. .28/#
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)