AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

more corral pictures.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim1_ks
Posted 11/14/2011 19:57 (#2049877 - in reply to #2049135)
Subject: Re: more corral pictures.....

South Central Kansas, Harper County
MU1979 - 11/14/2011 07:43

Congradulations. What like so much about your project is the opportunity you and your sons will have for the future of the beef industry. Modern business ventures require facilities that are efficent and safe to work around. Can't believe how flat you are. Looks like wind could blow one away on a calm day. Good looking hay in the background. What are the larger Reds with few Blacks, big feeders or hef to breed. Think see the BWF and RWF calf, pair you got. Those calves will be worth a lot this spring. Can't even imagine what light wt steers will bring to go to grass. $2, ouch. I remember thinking $1 was high. Never dreamed of $2. Very Nice. Enjoy it.

Pretty Flat in Kansas, that's for sure. One reason I notil all my crops, nothing will blow away!(lol). Just bought those Red Heifers last week at a sale in Lacrosse, Ks. Off one ranch, price was pretty reasonable. Bought them off the internet while watching the auction. Look to be a Red Angus- Gelbvieh cross. Bought them with the idea of just running them on wheat pasture and selling in the spring. But, after looking at them in person when they arrived, I may keep some or all for breeding.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)