AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Outback not working
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

geekyfarmer
Posted 8/16/2007 20:24 (#188427 - in reply to #184941)
Subject: Re: Outback not working

NC Kansas
I realize that this thread is long past it's prime, but I need to vent. After more than a week of promises and excuses, I took my S back from the technician who was working on it. He claimed to have been in near-constant contact with Outback and that they refused to send him the updates he had requested and needed for the fix. I found that hard to believe, so I called the Hiawatha office, and they said that they had talked to him once a week ago, they had sent the updates, and that the updates were not necessary to fix the current problem. I tried to get ahold of the technician, but he was no longer taking my phone calls.

After making a fool of myself in the dealership ("Longshoreman with Tourette's Syndrome" comes to mind), I found another Outback guy (Mark Overmiller in Smith Center). I took the S to him this morning. Eighteen minutes after I arrived my "paper weight" was up and running. He even offered to install a few more updates at a later time.

This is a real lesson to me about when to ask for help and when to realize that my ego isn't important, it's the customer that counts. It's a tough way to get those lessons, but they're valuable all the same.

Thanks a million to everybody who helped!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)