AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How would you handle dogs chasing your cattle?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

TIZHOT
Posted 11/2/2011 10:21 (#2030154 - in reply to #2028009)
Subject: Re: How would you handle dogs chasing your cattle?

Southern Saskatchewan
Come on guys-everyone looks for the easy way out. shooting them will certainly not keep the relationship friendly. Call them up and discuss the matter with them. He knows he has a issue with the dogs already so he is not completely blind to the fact and sounds like he will disipline his dogs if caught. If I was in the situation the first thing that I would want to do is shoot both of them and maybe in the heat of the moment I would depending on the severity,but thats the wrong thing to do. We have had it happen here before. Twice with our dogs and twice the neighbors and all 4 dogs were shot. But there was an understanding prior to that happening. Most people are reasonable and you would like the good neighbor relationship to last and the land deal to last work with the guy. The right attitude when calling him will go a long way. I would tend to call him up and tell him the dogs are going to be dead if I catch them again but looking at it from the outside my approach would be different. Good luck the situation is aggravating I know!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)