AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Iowa fence laws
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dlc2cg5
Posted 9/9/2011 16:55 (#1954514 - in reply to #1953294)
Subject: Re: Iowa fence laws

Iowa
Well I understand your possition but I hope you will see my situation might not be as unreasonable as you might think either. The way you put it makes me think about the person who leaves his keys in the vehicle and it gets stolen. I can't speak from experience but I have been told that if you have have a theft but no proof of entry then you might have a problem with unlocked building.
Yes I agree it doesn't take much as far as a fence but does a pretty good job on 4wheeler, snowmobiles, for that matter pickups. At least if you have a fence you can see entry.

It's so bad here that my neighbor tried to get the supervisors to close a gravel road on the back side of our farm because he claimed trespassing. Since the only ones owning land on that road was me and him they would have done just that if iwouldn't have objected to the idea. There would have been a gate at the end of what would have been the old road. What good would a gate do without a fence?

I really don't mind snowmobilers riding on my liability but it's the same as someone hunting without asking. Plus I really do not want any one driving or trespassing through the farmstead.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)