AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cornstalk baling right behind a combine..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

big12cc
Posted 8/23/2011 15:14 (#1926492 - in reply to #1926468)
Subject: Re: Cornstalk baling right behind a combine..

nw iowa
i am about 30 miles from the poet plant and there were a few farmers near me who baled for the ethanol plant last fall.i know the specs from poet was for dry bales with no mold at all.we saw guys round baling in the rain and lots were baled right behind the combine.i guessing they had/have lots of wet moldy bales.the usda money was held up as they had no computer program ready to process payments so the bales sat all winter out in the field in some cases til spring,many were froze down when they started hauling and got torn up and burnt on the spot.we have round baled for years here in nw iowa and we usually have to leave the stalks set a few days to a week or more if you want no mold.we run a 1460 ih,6 row narrow head, and our baler guys chop 6 rows into a windrow with a matthews company rotary chopper with a windrow kit on it.even after chopping them last year and with the nice weather they still had to set for a week til they dried.one neighbor hired a big square baling crew from kansas for the bales he was to haul to poet.i havent been by their site at emmetsburg to see what they have left on the ground over there or what it looks like but they had a lot of bales there last fall.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)