AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wiring Help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

BRIAN
Posted 6/23/2007 14:51 (#165880)
Subject: Wiring Help

Graymont Illinois

I bought a used boat with a Lowrance LMS-160 GPS/Sonar unit.

It is said to be DGPS ready, and has a cable with 3 wires to go to a DGPS receiver.

I have a Micro-Trak 150 pro that is supposed to be accurate < 1 meter. for my AgLeader pf3000 monitor

I think I have found the pin numbering for the DB9 (nine) pin female socket on the back of the Micro-Trak 150.

I bought a Radio Shack RS-232C cable with both male and female DB9  ends.( part# 26-117B)

I need the male end to plug into the MT150. I cut off the other end and am trying to figure out what color wires, #2 pin, #3 pin, and # 5 pin are on the Radio Shack  cable.

Disecting the female end did not work:>)  Maybe, #1 is black, #2 is brown, #3is red, #4 is orange, and #9 is gray, but not positive.

The color wires are purple, gray,blue,brown,red,orange, yellow, green, and black.

According to the Lowrance manual, the white wire coming out the LMS 160 is (transmit), the green wire coming out of the LMS 160 is (reccieve), and the black wire is ground.

Lowrance manual says I need to connect the white(transmit) to dgps (recieve) which I think is pin#3 on the MT150,

Lowrance manual says I need to connect the green(recieve) wire to dgps  (transmit) which I believe is pin #2 on the MT150

Lowrance manual says connect the black(ground) to the dgps ground, which I believe is pin#5 on the MT150

Hopefully if I get the wire color code for these 3 wires this setup might work.

Lorance manual says,the LMS 160 unit will recognize "starlink dgps" and "magnavox dgps"

I tried reading the MT150 manual, and I think the "sentences" i.e., like (gll,rmc/rmb,apb,gga,gsa/gsv)used by each are close to the same. But reading the MT150 manual was almost like reading a foreign language to me.

Thanks if you guys can help me figure these wires out.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)