AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sell Corn or Beans?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 6/18/2007 22:06 (#164106 - in reply to #163836)
Subject: Re: Sell Corn or Beans?

If I was in your position< and I do have quite a bit of old crop corn & beans on hand but not as much as you do & it's not under loan, I would sell enough beans to raise the cash needed. If that runs you out of beans I would keep an equal percentage of corn & beans & make up the difference in corn.

AS we all know this is a weather markewt & things could drop fast. However, if it doesn't rain we could still see a nice run up in prices of both corn & beans. I'm not for dumping everything at once. Sell enough to cover expenses & keep some to play with. In an up market I like to feed the market as it goes along. Big question is when has it turned and I have missed it a few times but I always at least got a fair portion of my grain sold at an opportune time.

If you're into playing the board, and I'm not, you might consider sellin your grain & buying back on the board, either through options or futures. Just be aware that there's nothing guartantted you're going to make money & a good chance you'll lose some. Like the sign on the wall of the local trade office says "Risk Not Thee Whole Wad"
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)