AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SPF Harvestors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Tim in WI
Posted 4/26/2011 10:44 (#1745625 - in reply to #1745532)
Subject: Re: SPF Harvestors

Embarrass WI

I have been told that if you have a Euro JD chopper, the parts system will not recognize the serial number 'here', so if you need a S/N specific part you are out of luck.

I am sure it is nothing that can't be worked around by someone with knowledge and experience, but sometimes those folks are hard to find.

Row vs rotary heads- row heads are cheaper to buy, probably cheaper to rebuild, we had a Claas RU450 that we ran for 12 years, 1200-2000 A/year, and had basically no repair expense. It was in need of attention when we traded it, but I would think a rebuild should have been good for another 75% of the original stuff. If you are only doing your own, a rowless head in fair shape should run you a long time.

I know of one farm that bought a Euro JD from Texas(don't know the dealer), they got plenty of experience in JD harvester repair in a short period of time. After 2 years they unloaded it and got a new JD.

One thing that usually turns out to be true is, "If something always sells cheaper, there is probably a reason."

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)