AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best new crop corn stratagy?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Newguy
Posted 5/17/2007 23:22 (#151219 - in reply to #151197)
Subject: Re: Best new crop corn stratagy?

Renville Minnesota

Nothing wrong with the "simple man" thoery.    Over the years weve been with 2 different "profesional"  "marketers".  They used and use puts/call, hedge...etc.....

They all make money, and they all loose money.

I don't agree that using puts and calls will give a guy an advantage over the next.  I have dabbled a bit with the tools, but not much.

If you can average the market, IMO, youve done well.   Weve all sold too low, no matter if ya grow it, buy it, sell it, use it, or are just taking money from the suckers who rely on you to market their product.........I don't care who ya are, weve all done it.  The key is to do it as little as possible.   Will let ya know when I figured it out (don't hold your breath Wink).

FWIW:  3 dollar corn makes me happy, very happy, if a guy wants 4-5 bucks, good luck, best wishes, if he gets it, great, Ill be happy for him, but Ill still be happy with 3, its better than I or anyone around here I know of has done.  Granted inputs are up, so theres always next year for me to make get 4-5-6 or ?   With the inputs locked in, this year will be profitable with 3.

You still battling insomnia?   Haven't had a bout with it lately, though, I almost resorted to nyquil the other night......then wife put me in a good mood, slept like a baby!SealedInnocentCool

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)