AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

my friend concern-info on public assistance
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

don@nebr
Posted 3/18/2011 01:32 (#1676306 - in reply to #1673302)
Subject: Re: my friend concern-info on public assistance

Thanks for all the replies. She doesnt qualify for regular ssdi because she was a state of california employee at the time. They fought the disability ,,,saying she really isnt sick. Well I can attest to the fact she IS totally bedridden most hours of the day,,,so she can work flat out in bed?? And some days cant walk at all. When she does it is a very different sideways walk you have never seen before and she has to 'think" thru every part of every step. Hard to describe that part. Cant talk to the person that is 'supposed' to help her in home a couple hours a week. That takes more energy than not having anyone help at all,,,plus incompetent help cant follow instructions.

Tim must be a mind reader,,,yes she never 'asks' for help,,,and NO she doesnt know I am talking about her right now. I just want to take the pain away,,,and provide the basic needs of food especially. Sometimes that is an end run helping someplace so money is freed up for food.

She is in a subsidized retirement handicapped apartment. Decent nice,but really small. Actually she was saying she was having difficulty 'applying' for and filling out continueing paperwork for $50. dollars of food stamps per month. So honestly she is probably living on $550 a month,,,IF and WHEN she gets the food stamps. As said she cant stand people talking,,,so how can she get help filling out forms. Then their is the cognative problems remembering what she was 'supposed' to do to begin with. Hope she has a clear minded day or two and able to get this handled. They have a whole list of items they want from her.

I shopped at Basha's grocery when I was there and bought a month or two's supply of food for her. I was thinking of setting up something there and telling them the first $50 or $100 a month was on me. Problem I have is wether they would do it, correctly, honestly, and so forth. How would anyone know if they were double charging or not? I met a nice middle age lady manager I think,,, and wondered IF they would deliver to this ladies place,,about half a mile or so,,if she was too sick to come get?? She knew well who I was shopping for that day and 'seemed' helpful

I am guessing she also is unable to cognatively go thru the paperwork/steps to get needed medicine at free or much reduced rates. Some of those programs sound much better than they really are. I do know some of her doctors help as much as they can by furnishing some meds at times.

I do know she had a heck of a time doing appeal etc on disability from Ca.,,,and an attourny or two took her for a ride to boot,,,hope they get there's some day!!! I dont think she was able to mount much of a case on her own without an attorney,,too sick. Sad the sicker you are the more helpless you are,,,so they say, "Oh your not really sick are you?" Dont know if there are any appeals left based on time lapsed already. She has been sick since 01 at least,,,thats when I met her.

It just isnt right,,,all the way around!!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)