AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Airport check in
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

RFI90
Posted 3/6/2011 22:15 (#1655042 - in reply to #1653874)
Subject: Re: Airport check in

Northeast Iowa
I have two pacemakers for my brain for Essential Tremor, so I get the pat-down every time when I show them my pacemaker card. It hasn't been a problem so far. Sometimes it actually speeds things up compared to going through the regular security line. Different airports seems like they have different levels of friendliness, though. Some of them will be very careful as they do the pat-down and will explain the whole procedure as they do it. Others will treat me like a suspect and get a bit more aggressive on their search. I also have an insulin pump and a Continuous Glucose Monitoring System. Some TSA folks have swabbed down my pump and my hands and others haven't done a thing with the pump and don't seem to say anything or do anything when they run their hands over the infusion site or the CGMS transmitter near my waist. In a dozen or so trips through airports in the last couple of years, I think they've only checked my feet once or twice, and that was at the friendlier, less populated airports. Orlando tends to toss you in the glass cage near the security line and then forget about you until a separate employee shows up to do the pat-down. Fortunately, my wife was with me so she could grab all my stuff from the X-ray line and hang onto it for me until I was through with my pat-down.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)