AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need dock ideas for pond
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

WTfarmer
Posted 2/17/2011 18:51 (#1619881)
Subject: Need dock ideas for pond

Central Texas Panhandle
My wife and I just purchased our dream place where we will eventually build a home. It has a fair amount of productive farm ground, some nice grass and pens for future cow herds, a beautiful view of the Red River, some secluded areas for prime hunting and on top of it all it has a 10 acre fishing pond. The pond was stocked with bass and catfish last summer and it has a small floating dock on one side. We plan on spending a lot of time down there with the kids and want to make it enjoyable. I have the ability to fill and keep the pond full, so I would like the stability of a permanent dock. Right now the water level is really low and I would like to set the posts in the next couple of weeks so I can fill it up. I would do the floor work when the water level is up and I know where to put it. At this point I can set posts that would be about 40 feet out into the water and I would like it at least 30 feet wide. This portion will most likely be covered and I would then add a floating extension off of the sides that would be uncovered so one would have unobstructed casting. I'm just looking for ideas so I can plan ahead. Any work in the dirt needs to be done soon as I need to put some water in it. I would take any suggestions on dock ideas as well as neccesities for fishing pond. Thanks in advance and I hope this post is not out of place. I just always get good info here.

Edited by WTfarmer 2/17/2011 18:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)