AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble 106
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dkastens
Posted 5/15/2006 18:13 (#12410 - in reply to #12394)
Subject: RE: Trimble 106

Rawlins County Kansas
Phread, with all due respect I just wanted to make a couple of points (not specific to Trimble, but to the software industry as a whole). First, without user feedback (i.e., whining or some other more palatable term) businesses would have no idea of what end-users thought of their products or how they could be improved or enhanced.

Second, this isn't rocket science. In the case of AgRemote, a good programmer could write and test the code for this program in a week. Remember the core code is already there, its just a matter of putting a better interface on it.

If a company doesn't want to spend the resources on a piece of software that they are already putting out there for free (and I fully understand this situation), then they should go to the Open-Source arena and let the enhancements and improvements take place there. There are thousands of people whom are willing to work on, improve and enhance software for free.

I don't know why so much of the PC world is still locked into a Mac ideological framework.

Diet

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)