AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John from SD caught me sneaking back
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

don@nebr
Posted 2/17/2011 11:54 (#1619171)
Subject: John from SD caught me sneaking back

I have been gone since 08 so thought I could sneak back in with nobody remembering me. Quick on the switch John got me. It sure is nice to SEE so many familiar names.

What have I been doing since I retired from the farm??? Well some of them not so good of things. This was posted last night on machinery talk but it was far down the page at the time. If you already read it, sorry, scroll on by,

I can tell you exactly what it will cost for a ladder fall.

Mine was a short fall too compared to other things I fell from over the years.

Middle of October I fell off a step ladder, felt it twist and go out from under me,landed on the ladder with my feet inside the A, body fell over edge, snapped both right leg bones right above the ankle, poked thru the skin and drug in the dirt awhile.

At hospital next day I ask them to shoot me or go get my cordless saw so I could cut whole leg off myself,,,couldnt hurt any more. They wouldnt, the gall.!!!! Morphine to the legal limit wasnt near enough. Doc said he never saw one broke so badly. Had 5 rods sticking out of my leg till after Christmas. . (screwed into the bone)(one thru my ankle with 6" sticking out each side) It was cool watching them back those out of my leg using a CORDLESS DRILL CHUCK.

Spent a long time in a wheelchair, walker, and cane. JUST started walking again last week with two shoes on. A bit limpy. Ortho doc said I may limp rest of my life since they couldnt find a solid bone left on the inside to plate and screw too. Just plated on outside. Therapist says She doesnt ALLOW me to limp, and she will work me over till I dont.

Oh we were talking about cost,,,I had no insurance and the bills are at 40K and rising fast. Unless you have 40-50K to waste and 6 months to a year of your life,,,,dont fall off the ladder!!!

The result is I am living in Omaha doing physical therapy for a short while yet.

Reason I say all this is I need a "JOB" to pay for all this,,and to support me in the way I wish to be accustomed. I thought when I retired way back when I could go get one easy enough. Well the economy and all, not so much. I am having the terrible itch to farm again, even if its for others. Reason I am searching within quick commute of Omaha is that is where all my kids and grandkids live. It is very nice to go to the grandkids games,music concerts etc. I havent missed many in last several months even tho I could barely navigate.

I know most of you dont live here, but thought maybe you could give me any helpful hints of finding any job that I can handle. Ag related or not. I used to live about 100 miles from here in a smaller town and nothing for jobs there unless your a pro truck driver or a nurse.

Might have to start out at Mennards or similiar but its easy to take the boy off the farm,,, hard to take the farm out of the boy . How does an OLDER goat like me market my skills best??

BTW- not doing any marathon running yet,,,but not getting around bad ,,,walking pretty good considering 2 weeks ago I couldnt at all.

Have a good day and year yall!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)