AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

weather FORECAST to my clients from 4/27; MAY WAS GOING TO BE VERY DRY !!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

DT-wxrisk
Posted 5/3/2007 12:16 (#145656 - in reply to #145655)
Subject: weather -- 5/3 - DT

The morning radar shows several areas  of moderate showers and thunderstorms clusters   along with scattered  showers and  weak storms   over the  Lower Midwest ... 1  cluster is over  southeast Mo... another over   north central KY ... another   along the   western TX LA .... scattered over central ILL...    central and northern MO... and over  western MT

On the  SHORT  RANGE ....not much  to change.  The overnight short-range and 6am  update short-range weather models  show the best or heaviest  showers and storms  over   eastern MO  into  central / Lower ILL over the next  36hours. This  rain will have a hard to time moving North  because of the large  HIGH over the northern Great Lakes   will dry  these   rains out  as they  move  N.

Meanwhile  by  Friday afternoon evening the deep trough over the northern Rockies will begin to slide eastward and this will bring increasing amounts of showers and thunderstorms  to much of the Central and Upper Plains   this weekend & into much of next week. This trough and its'  surface cold front is going to be a slow moving event and as a result of the coverage when all is said and done will be pretty high...75%  or  greater of 0.50 to  2.50".

The overnight models  are  a bit  faster  with  the  timing of the  rains/ storms   over the  Plains   moving into the  WCB....    the data now brings in the 1st  area of storm  into the  WCB  Saturday night.    By  Sunday night and Monday   the BEST  rains  will be   running  from   eastern OK  eastern KS   eastern  NEB   western  IA  MN   and  western  IA .

Next week... the  remains of  this   large trough  over the Midwest will bring   showers and storms  to  the  ECB  but there   is some uncertainty  as  to  the the coverage  and  amounts  over the  ECB.  The    American  model shows  50% coverage  of 0.10 to 0.75"   MAY 8-9    while the   European  is Much drier....

In week 2  the pattern appears to repeat itself for Mid MAY... with a new  trough on the  West coast and  Rockies  and a Ridge  developing over   the     Midwest.  This will bring about  some dry days   but once  that   trough over the  Rockies moves  east... the rains and storms will return to  the  Plains and  Midwest.

I have started working on a Summer 2007 forecast  and I am anxiously awaiting some new atmospheric data which should be out sometime between now and Friday as to give me some additional clues about where he headed for the summer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)