AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

weather FORECAST to my clients from 4/27; MAY WAS GOING TO BE VERY DRY !!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

DT-wxrisk
Posted 5/3/2007 12:14 (#145655)
Subject: weather FORECAST to my clients from 4/27; MAY WAS GOING TO BE VERY DRY !!

THIS WAS  ISSUED BY ME   4/26 .... 1pm  EDT

One of my competitors here at Midday has looked at the midday America model and somehow  deduced  that the pattern is turning favorable for a drier  pattern for much of the Plains  & the Midwest and the first week of May.   His statement  could have an impact on trader perception   this afternoon.... ( dry weather  finally!!!  Now   we can   plant  that corn....     But  I am   NOT   going that way at all.... and I think this   particular forecaster will Bust ....again.

One of the reasons why I try to present actual model data to you is NOT  to   bamboozle you with BS .... My intention   in  presenting the actual model data is  is so that YOU can  seen which forecast/ forecaster is  telling the truth and which   forecast is  engaged in Spin  and    BS.

The competitor who issued  this midday special weather statement / forecast about 15 minutes ago with regard to it  dry / warmer  pattern developing for the Plains and Midwest  in the   first week of MAY is .... believe  it or not ...the same individual who issued a similar statement back on APRIL 2... that April 2007 would turn warmer and dry ...

The midday America model continues to develop a strong area of   HIGH  pressure over central Canada which drives southward and forces a cold front into the Midwest and the Upper Plains  by MAY 3...

This front essentially shuts off the  warmth... that is not to say it's going to turn cold again over the Midwest.  It certainly will not. But the heat over the Plains states is not going to make it into the Midwest with this high pressure area to the north.

What appears to be happening is that far too many forecasters  have latched onto the overall Jet stream pattern... and  no matter what the data says  they wont back away. They have been focusing the Ridge over the Plains and the Rockies   ( as I was back on  Sunday and Monday morning )   and   they are  now committed   to the idea that this is   warm dry    pattern  is  going to last....as if  the calender    said it is July or August.     They are overlooking the developing High pressure over central Canada and   that all the of model data  is clearly showing the cold front dropping southward   then stalling over the Midwest.

By MAY 5th the deep trough over the West Coast  and  Rockies  Moves  into  the Plains and we see significant showers and thunderstorms developing

By the evening of May 6 there are more significant showers and thunderstorms over much of the Plains now pushing into the WCB

The overall pattern is going to be warm but it's not going to stay dry for many areas of the Upper Plains & the Midwest.  This is what the 6 to 10 day and 8-14 day forecasts  from  yesterday were depicting and I don't see any reason why these maps  will be different this afternoon when they come out at 3 pm. Central Time.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)