AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

$185,000 steer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

rodrod5
Posted 2/6/2011 00:18 (#1596001 - in reply to #1595875)
Subject: Re: $185,000 steer

Lubbock, Texas
I am pretty sure the Houston show has a limit of $70K going to any of the winners and as said above the rest goes to a fund for college scholarships

A friend I knew growing up went to high school at a different school than me called Cypress-Fairbanks north of Houston back when that area was more rural and one of the guys he knew there was the grand championship steer the last year the winner got all the cash......it was back in the mid 80s......the guy got $300K.......my friend ask him what he was going to do with it all and the guy's answer was "I am not sure, but I am going to get a new truck and I am going to Texas A&M"

the next year they started the $70K limit

another year in Houston a bidder was buying up every champion in every category going for the "grand slam" of buying all the champions which had never been done......it got to the last one the steer and he was bidding against the family of a girl I went to school with that had lost their son to rare disease and they were going to buy it in his honor.......the guy that had bought all the rest found out about that and backed out and let the family win for their son.....I am not sure anyone has bought all the champions in Houston in a single year to date

Edited by rodrod5 2/6/2011 00:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)