AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Oprah
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 2/1/2011 19:26 (#1586530 - in reply to #1586414)
Subject: Re: Oprah

central - east central Minnesota -

jplovescotton - 2/1/2011 17:41 Got to tell you having dealt with these popular culture icons that build a reputation in one place and use it in others, I wonder at times whether providing a different viewpoint is helpful. HOWEVER, I have to say I think Ben has EXACTLY the right strategy and as I looked through the comments I saw a number of reasonable farm perspectives there. If a small percentage of people there see ag speaking up clearly without attacking, I think we have a shot at helping some people understand other issues they may not see from their homes. Its certainly worth a few minutes of my time as I want to eat meat this evening for dinner! By the way, I watched the show. Kudos to Cargill for touring the cameras & having a rep on the show. The on-camera talent there winced at the process however, she understands things better and she's still a meat eater.

Ya, I seen and notice that also . .  Lisa Ling (sp?) should be hardened to such . . .Heck she's reported on more difficult issues around the world. Being in a meet packer, I would have thought, would'da been easier for her then other assignments . .  ..

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)