AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does anybody have a Clear Span Fabric Structure?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Nelson
Posted 1/17/2011 16:33 (#1554725 - in reply to #1553416)
Subject: RE: Does anybody have a Clear Span Fabric Structure?

We have several 3 for hay/straw, and a 30x90 that is on a 8' pony wall and open to the south for the cattle to walk outside to the bunk. We have had the first one for about 12 years. Still a good building. If i need to replace the tarp, I can get it for .50 per square foot of the building. Cheaper than I could put anything else on. I have built and sold probably a couple dozen since we built our first one. We sell Silverstream Shelters in our area. Not real agressive, but if someone is interested, we will see if we can work something out. We have had good luck with working with them. Not sure on other manufacturers, just have not worked with anybody else, so I can't comment.

So, what you want to do would work fine. Just set it on a pony wall 10' high. I would put ours up at least a foot higher, to account for snow, ice, etc. that builds up this time of year. Also our skidloaders keep getting bigger and do not clear where the others did. They work well for us, I would put up another one for livestock if I needed more room. Winds have not been a problem for us, we have had some in the 50 - 60 mph range, and no real problems.

Hope that helps.

Kellen
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)