AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

For you Northeners that deal with cold. Who makes the best water hydrant?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

John SD
Posted 1/12/2011 10:23 (#1543679 - in reply to #1543198)
Subject: RE: For you Northeners that deal with cold. Who makes the best water hydrant?

Heh heh heh, Rich, I'm sure glad we finally got this HYDRANT thing ironed out. Even if it took us about a page to do it.

So what's the verdict? You gonna replace the Ritchie with a Iowa/Woodford? Is it this particular hydrant in the pics causing your current trouble or one like it? Seems like I remember this is an old pic you posted from a while back.

If the hydrant is not turned on and off frequently and a higher flow is desired maybe an underground curb stop/drain would be an option. I have 11 tire/fiberglass stock tanks with stop/drains and the float valves in the bottom of the tank. These are usable in winter because with no exposure to the air they won't freeze when left on like a hydrant. Another advantage of the stop/drain is it doesn't restrict water flow like a hydrant with a rod inside of it does. But it's more of hassle to keep a key handy to turn it on and off with. For the location in your pic just filling water buckets or hooking up a garden hose I'd stay with a hydrant.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)