AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

sale results
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

NEIndiana
Posted 1/6/2011 07:20 (#1530048 - in reply to #1529778)
Subject: Re: sale results

Columbia City, Indiana
bfamilycattle - 1/5/2011 23:46

The way my system has been going for the last four years this seems to be about the time of year I take them in and they are right at the 1300 or so market weight. Sold them light last year and am just wanting to make sure they are market weight. I have two others that weighted 520 at the same time I bough the two at 640 and they just don't look the same (weight wise). I will have to take the two bigger ones in first and when get back their weights after sale make *an* educated guess at home how much they weight. Although my second year I had hereford steer that didn't look finished out at all and looked light and he ended up being 1320 when I was think he was barely 1100. I will see where market is at next week and probably sell the first two the following week.

I have been trying for four or so years that I have been feeding steers out on trying to get them to market weight as quick as I can but haven't really found a good system that is feasible in my current operation.

Why don't you scale your truck and trailer, then go home and load the steer(s) you want to weigh and scale it again? 200# off is a lot of money!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)