AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Suggestions for learning Access?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

whtgrower
Posted 4/22/2007 13:03 (#140532 - in reply to #139340)
Subject: RE: Filemaker ag templates?

I am using FMP 7. I did not upgrade to 8 or 8.5 because I didn't feel they offered me much that I would use. A big part of 8 and 8.5 deals with using and updating your Web connected files. I had no use for this, and since I am not building any new DB's at this time, and only using my established files, I didn't upgrade. I am using FMP Mobile 8 on my Palm Z22. It works great for what I use it for. I use FMP for field records (spraying, planting, tillage operations, etc), and a harvest record DB that I keep track of all tickets, storage locations, etc. It it great at the end of harvest to just print a report that gives all the harvest records, yields, etc, for easy landlord information, crop insurance, etc.
One not about using mobile, be careful when setting it up, and make sure you understand the options for updateing your DB when you sinc it with your desktop. Be cardful on which DB updates the other, when duplicated, or modified files are compared. You will have to use Mobile 8 with FMP 7.
I have found it easier to just build my own, rather than modify existing templates. I did a little looking, and there are few Ag specific templates. However, depening on what you are doing, there are some business templates that may work. There are 100's of those available, however, some are not free. Go to FMP web site for more info.
Let me know if there is anything else I could help you with.
whtgrower
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)