AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If bored,, and want to "see how the other 1/2 lives",, this may interest you ??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dairyman78
Posted 12/21/2010 19:56 (#1499399 - in reply to #1498889)
Subject: RE: If bored,, and want to "see how the other 1/2 lives",, this may interest you ??

S.C. Wisconsin
We had Russian employee's for about 5 years on our farm. Was a learning experience to be exposed to a people who were taught to have a different way of thinking or taught not to think. They were extremely mistrusting at first because they came from a country where you couldn't trust anyone. I told them what days were pay day and it was like they were surprised when they got their first check on time. I always made sure my word was good and little by little they started trusting me. They all were educated and did their best to learn English and most did. After that we really got to know each other and it was very interesting to talk to them and how it was in Russia compared to this country. One thing I had to instill on them is to think for themselves which they were taught not to do when it came to work. They told me that people in Russia don't have a clue the way we think in America. They were amazed how we were always looking for a way that was more efficient then what we were doing. Generally they were good people and I learned a lot and hope and I am quite sure they learned a lot. Some of them are now farming in Russia.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)