AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Freezer Strips
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

bstclee
Posted 12/15/2010 09:19 (#1487021 - in reply to #1483841)
Subject: Re: Freezer Strips

WC Wisconsin
We have them on two entrances. The entrance to our parlor (old stanchion barn) 8x12 on a sliding door track. We had the door there but we get a good suction thru the barn with the door open. I installed a double row with offsetting overlap. That works best when the wind is blowing hard. We drive in and out with a skid steers 10-15 times per day and I've had problems with the skid steer tearing the strips loose. It took a month of problems before I put them on a piece of tubing with a couple of door rollers. The other one is on the side of our freestall barn. That one is the only entrance for the skid steer (manure scraping one). It originally had a standard garage door. That lasted a year before I did the strips. The door frame is inset in the barn (boxes for curtains make it deeper). I made two hinges out pipe and welded a rect. tube to the pipe. I split it in half to make two doors that meet in the center. I made this door 7x12. The door originally was 12x12 so I put a 5 foot semi permanent piece above it. The hired help are on the "short side" of tall so they drive the skid steer scraper in the doorway a bit to stand up and reach the hook that holds the doors together. I have to replace a few strips on the sliding door one today so I will put up some pics today/tonight. Sorry for the whole speech but I am not wanting to run out to work outside this morning (after 3 long days of moving snow and frozen "liquid" manure LOL)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)