AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

personal photo
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> FAQ & SupportMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 12/12/2010 01:45 (#1481181 - in reply to #1481109)
Subject: RE: so many questions ...

West Union, Illinois

sfi - Also, since I have your attention, how do you...
One thing at a time.  And before I start keep in mind this is all from learning by doing. Some other person just a little more experienced than me showed me how like I am going to try and show you. Oh, and a faster connection always helps, but I started on dialup.  it just t a k e s   l o n g e r .  The most important fact to remember is the mouse has at least 2 buttons.  The right mouse button is your friend.
put a screen shot on?
There are various ways. I use Gadwin Printscreen (see http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/ ) Looking at the web site I must have an older version or else not know all the neat things it will do.  Price is :FREE
  And how do you draw red lines, arrows, circles and such on various attachments?
It takes a red marker and a digital camera to take a shot of your monitor.  OK, actually this kind of builds on the first thing.  Make a screenshot and save the file to your hard drive ( I created a folder just for that use and all my screenshots go there) The using something like My Computer or Vista's poor imitation go to that location and right click the file, tell it to Open With and choose Paint. there are other programs to do all this, but Paint is free and I am used to it.  See the screen shot at the bottom of this post. edit:  I see Mike has a reply as well.  Probably better than mine,especially since I realized I forgot to finish an explanation.  Once you open it with Paint you can draw all over it.  But you may want to open it, then immediately save it as a modified version so you have the original to fall back on.
I was also wondering how some people are putting some script between pictures that they post.  I post my script and attach some pictures and push the okay I'm done button but don't know how to get information spread along as you view each picture. 
Actually they are putting pictures between their script

For example, this I posted in response to a question about posting a classified (http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=199498 )  I am able to post it here because it is online someplace.  I went to the place it is being viewed, right clicked (remember the right button is your friend) and chose Copy Image Location.  Come back to your Post a Message tab (If you are not using tabs that is another discussion.  See how it all builds on one another?) and get the cursor where you want the picture and then left click the little tree on the toolbar (if you don't see the toolbar with the green tree on it ..  well, more experience. It is fixable) and then right click and paste the address in the box that pops open where it says Image URL then click insert.

Be warned, this hot linking really irritates some geeks because it uses up bandwidth.

If the image is not online already you can choose to put it there by using PhotoBucket or some other service to store them online.

Take a deep breath and read slowly.  It really isn't that hard once you have done it a few times.   I have done it so long I have to stop and think about it to explain it.  Here's that other screen shot I mentioned.  it's kind of like installing eSets in a planter.  First row takes an hour, the rest take 10 minutes each.

Edited by Mike SE IL 12/12/2010 01:53

(ScreenShot081 (Small).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ScreenShot081 (Small).jpg (52KB - 446 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)