AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fashion, verbiage, and youth...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tommyw-5088
Posted 12/10/2010 07:32 (#1477851 - in reply to #1477674)
Subject: RE: Fashion, verbiage, and youth...

south Texas , York Rife Freemason
beh - 12/10/2010 00:17

So...

These two topics combined in my head tonight into one from Rich's thread. Is it that every generation thinks that the next generation is going to hell in hand basket?

Verbiage:
When was the last time heard 'well duh', or 'not', or 'talk to the hand', or 'word' or even more recently 'random'? These are words I remember in my youth and in observing my older sisters interacting with their friends. Who says 'just saying' will stick long term? Just sayin, I am sure these phrases go back long before my time. What's the big deal?

Fashoin:
Seems we have to hit on that when talking about the young'ns. It is mentioned in the 'just sayin thread'. Who cares, I wore my cap backwards. I dress to the crowd I am running with at the time. I have my own 'country' swagger in them all, but I push the limits of 'how a farmer should dress' for most people. And who cares. I wear my hat backwards at ball games. I wear cuttoff khakki pants as shorts, I wear jeans with tears in the pockets. Bottom line, it is fashion. If it is not obtrusive or obscene, why do you care?

I hear all the time don't sweat the small stuff. Let the youth be youth. Maybe another 20 years will change my outlook but for now all I hear is bitching about how the youth talk and dress. Why do you care so much?

Just sayin.

People normally judge you on first impressions (i know that is not right ,but i did not make the rule ).

How you dress is going to set the "tone " for first impressions .

If you came to me for a job wearing your hat backwards (or a flat brim hat ) ,and another kid showed up dressed more "normal" for the farming world ,Who do you think would get hired first .?

Now with that said ,i guess i would have to say i have my own "style " wrangler pants ,pocket t shirt ,wrangler denim shirt ,work boots ,Im sure out of style with the rest of the world (yep here in texas :) ).

So i set the tone of a first impression too .

Those of us in our 40"s and older are worried the youth are getting spoon -fed , this trash about inerracial relations , global warming ,liberal policies .If this "poison "keeps getting fed to our young people (via the school system ,and liberal media ) Then yes we are riding a rocket to h*ll .

Ill close with this ,most of the young people im around are decent kids .

Tommy

Edited by tommyw-5088 12/10/2010 07:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)