AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mattress and bed ????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

KevinM
Posted 12/8/2010 16:58 (#1474904)
Subject: Mattress and bed ????

SE IL
Wife and I are needing a new mattress, so after a funeral yesterday she wanted to look around while we were in town. Last one was 10 or so years ago. Needless to say things have changed. We went to the store where we got the last one first. No one else in the store. Younger gal waited on us-only salesperson. She showed us around a bit and said "let me call my husband-he knows more about this-he's just up the street". We said OK whatever and continued to look around. He comes in (later found out he's the owner) and starts telling us all about how people sleep and such. Says "latex is the way to go nowadays" and guides us to that mattress. Extolls all the virtues and has it on an "adjustable foundation". Has us lay on it and keeps on talking. It has a vibrator/massage feature and will adjust pretty much like a hospital bed (just aint got the rails). It truly was a very nice bed. Well we've been there over an hour already and he finally gets around to the price. $5600 for a dual king with separate remotes (including some bedding/linens). I bout fell on the floor. I said write us a quote but we are going to have to think about it a while. I think it's because of our age and the fact we were "dressed up" that he directed us to the "high end". He had me convinced that this is the kind of bed we needed til he got to the price. Have been looking online today and I think he's prolly 1000 to 1500 higher than comparables. Has anybody got any experience with this setup? What are your thoughts? Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)