AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

You can't fix stupid!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 12/7/2010 02:13 (#1472354 - in reply to #1472135)
Subject: Re: You can't fix stupid!!

West Union, Illinois

Gambi80 -  Seems as if the more flashy orange lights you have the more it happens...like moths to a lightbulb on a hot summer nite.
If you think orange light do it try red ones on a fire truck.  We were at a fire yesterday.  Attack truck parked just off the road, tanker pulled up beside it to supply him.  Traffic kept passing by, closer and closer to the tanker.  So I (Asst Chief) got out traffic cones and blocked the road.  People would come up, see the cones, and ease around them.  Well, they did until I stopped a pickup right in the middle of where they were going around and rather forcibly told him not to move that truck.  It sat there for half an hour until I finally released him.

This fall we had a bad wreck.  Pickup ran a stop sign at high speed pulled into an ambulance on a quiet run.  Multiple fatalities.  Anyway, after the Fire Dept was cleared we moved the attack truck a couple miles up the road to detour traffic while crash reconstruction did its thing and then wreckers picked up the pieces.  We have the truck parked facing oncoming traffic in the middle of the lane, all the lights going, two firefighters in their fluroescent reflective vests holding flashlights directing traffic .... and a semi just slows down and starts around us.  I got him stopped and by the time I was done explaining things he was just sure I was going to have his license.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)