AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

keeping track of cow records
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jay NE Ohio
Posted 11/27/2010 20:14 (#1457012 - in reply to #1456920)
Subject: Re: keeping track of cow records

northeastern Ohio
I am using PcDart too. I really like the ability to sync my smartphone with the records so that I can always have the info with me (PocketPC). The reports are easy to create. The whole program is a HUGE leap forward from the old DHIplus that I used to use (it was a DOS program!!!!!)

I remember when I first purchased DHIplus: PROVO promised to give me free updates for as long as I stayed with them. They neglicted to mention that the "free" updates did not include updating to Windows. When they came out with DHIplus for Windows, they wanted me to pay $300 to upgrade. I refused to pay their ransom. They eventually offered to lower their price to $100 if I signed up by a certain date. I again refused. I used their DOS program until 2007. Unfortunately my old computer was hit by lightning in the summer of 2007 and I could not get the old DOS program to work in Windows XP (it would run, but I could not print any reports).

Anyhow, DMRS did not charge any up front fee's for their program. I do pay a monthly fee, which is fine as long as they keep updating their program. I have not seen any better program out there for dairy records. I am interested to hear other responses to see what I am missing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)