AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

troubles with pipeline
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dondozer
Posted 11/21/2010 09:11 (#1445959 - in reply to #1444498)
Subject: Re: troubles with pipeline

NW Ohio,near Findlay
Good luck versitile- getting a good lawyer is a problem, because they have lawyers ready to go and more money than you. Pipeline company will only drag it out and you will have to keep your lawyer on retainer. You will have to set a limit on the money you want to spend with lawyer up front in a contract or you'll get a surprise. My bet is they won't sign. Only a thought, spend the money to fix it yourself that way you know it's fixed correctly. You can do lots of work cheaper, backhoes aren't near and expensive per hour as lawyers. Contact them, see if cash settlement is in the cards. Will have to sign release forms. only standard. They want out of it too.
The company I worked for did repair work for utility (power) company. Being a farmer myself, I would assure them that I would do it right which helped. Once the land owner threatens lawyer, we moved off, nothing gets done. Most of the time farmers were the easiest to get along with, if they worked with us. Not that you didn't Versitile, may be the company that you got stuck with. Try to work it out. Again good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)