AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Offensive posts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 11/6/2010 11:01 (#1424078 - in reply to #1423957)
Subject: RE: any positive posts?

southern MN
I know what you are saying.

But...

Some folks come around with a chip on their shoulder, and are kinda begging to be kicked off. That seems childish.

What bothers me - this sort of activity & controversy is kinda common on all forum come about February.

If we all are starting this type of thing in November already, what is February going to be like?

The fellas that run & work on this site put in a lot of work to keep this place running, and don't have it cluttered up with ads & so forth. They seem to be doing it to have a fun place a lot of folk can enjoy.

If we make that a miserable task, for such a long time, they can just fold up their tent & do something else for their enjoyment. They don't _Have_ to keep this site around.

So, what is the point of this community?

To push the limits, see how much we can get away with?

Or to be a farm community with farming thoughts, a little fun along the way, and looking out for our own community?

Me, I really appreciate the work the folks do to keep this place running, and I try not to get in their way.

I don't think it's too hard to deal with that reality, and work accordingly here.

This place isn't about a couple of egos and to find out where the limits are.

Is it???????

There are _many_ forums where such behavior is allowed, in fact welcomed. Folk who want to tell off jokes, debate extreme politics, call each other names, have _many_ web sites available for that.

'Fun' for many of us is discussing farming, and tossing a little clean humor around inside the framework of day to day farm life with families.

Like any community, if most everyone is pulling in the same direction, it works well.

If a bunch of egos get in the way & everyone wants to join a side and test what the limits are - it turns into highschool bullies and the community goes down the toilet.

A couple years ago I didn't quite agree with some things here, and just read for 4 months or so. Didn't log on, had the cookie removed, so I couldn't just jump in.

The site survived real well without me, Took a long time before anyone missed me, and I got a different view of how things went here - my own words didn't get in the way.

Was a nice time off, for others perhaps more than for me. :)

Gained a new perspective.

Anyhow, I understand what you are saying.

What's more important - my ego, your ego, couple people from Iowa's egos, or having a nice community here where we can enjoy some farm conversation?

I see a lot less of some names I used to enjoy getting their opinion on things. I see a lot more egos around. That's kinda unfortunate.

This site doesn't _have_ to be here tomorrow. It doesn't make anyone any profits, it's just here for kicks.

What have I or you or the next fella done to make this a fun community to keep it worth the kicks?

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)