AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Online brokers, margin calls, etc.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

btruck
Posted 9/15/2010 12:54 (#1360563)
Subject: Online brokers, margin calls, etc.

MN
This is the first year I've been using futures to help market a fair percentage of my crop, and lately I've been getting margin calls. Not a big deal, I kind of expected them.

Anyways, when I signed up, I was told they'll telephone, and you'll get a couple days to get the checks to the broker. A little bit of time to get the checks out was important, mostly because unlike the brokers and larger farmers, I don't have someone sitting in the office all day long and it takes a couple days to get a check to them.

Well, it looks like they are a little more excited about getting their check sent out the second they call. This will not work for me. They don't have a way to transfer money online, I have to wire it or have an automatic deduction set up.

Can anyone recommend an online broker that can take transfers online? One that has a decent website where I can make trades without calling a broker, reciting my account info, and then making the trade? One thing I do like is they don't try to talk me into trading one way or the other or bug me about making trades.

Thanks for any suggestions.

edit: Let me know if I'm expecting too much of the broker, or if this is typical of the way it works.

Edited by btruck 9/15/2010 12:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)